Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save As: change all control characters to an underscore

Hi all!

Once again I turn to this wonderful forum for help...

I'm busy working on a 'Save As:' macro (using a button) that selects
values from certain cells and then use these vlaues as the file name in
which the file will be saved. This macro will be displaying a userform
with option bottons. The option buttons will display the various
recommended file names of which the end-user will have to select one.

The problem is that from time to time the end-user will need to use
control characters in the applicable cells which determine the file
name. I need a macro that will automatically change all control
characters to an underscore ("_") within the file name (when hitting the
"save" button / control I have created). However, the macro I need must
NOT replace the control characters in the actual cells themselves.

As I understand control characters are the following:

So obviously the macro I need must change all these characters to
underscores.

SOS...SOS...SOS...SOS...SOS
:)

--