Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro for copy and paste function

Hello,

I am very new at Macros and no experience with VB, but I need to create a
Macro that would allow me to display the formula within the cell to the right
of the Total Value cell. For example
A2=3
A3=6
A4=9
A5=18 (=A2+A3+A4)

C3=5
C4=8
C5=1
C6=14 (=C3+C4+C5)

I want to display the Formula in cell B5 as =A2+A3+A4 and C6 as =C3+C4+C5
and this can be at any place in the worksheet. So, whenever I press the
ENTER key after creating the formula to calculate the sum, I want the system
to display the formula to the right of the cell that contains the sum value.

Is there a way to create a Macro so that I can just press a key combination
to make this work?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
not sure if this will help you but if you want a key combination to display
your formulas, try these 2 keys togeather.....
Ctrl + ~.
this is display formula mode and will display all formulas on the sheet.
It's boolean meaning that press Ctrl+~ again and you go back to normal mode.

regards
FSt1

"Bagia" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is what is displayed in the formula bar..(From menu View--FormulaBar)
If you really need a macro find below...Launch VBE using Alt+ F11. Insert
module and copy the macro. Save and close VBE. From Tools|Macro select the
macro and from Options assign a hot key...

Sub DisplayFormula()
If Left(ActiveCell.Formula, 1) = "=" Then
If ActiveCell.Formula < "" Then ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) = _
"(" & ActiveCell.Formula & ")"

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria