Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default My unsolved mystery!

I have a Userform that was made up for me by a friend which I use to post
comments in. The form interacts with Excel, and when Excel is open, it calls
up a "Userform" in Word. I'm Using Office XP: Home Edition (Word and Excel
2002) btw.

I was attempting to transfer my spreadsheet with Userform to a friends
computer (she has Vista and Office 2007). When I looked at the VBA coding on
the particular word file, I noticed that the "Forms" file was not there
(under Project), and the Userform we created was nowhere to be found.

I understand the difference between "Project" (which is specific to a
document) and "Normal" (which places the code or in this case Userform
globally throught), and realize that I have to move the Userform we created
from "Project" to "Normal", however the Userform didn't exist when the Word
file was moved from my XP/Office 2003 computer to the Vista/Office 2007 based
computer. I was able to create a "blank" "forms" folder (which the Userform
currently exists in on my computer), but my "created" Userform template does
not seem to want to transfer with the Word file.

I also had attached code (for some of the Userforms functionality) in a
Module that I created, and this too would not transfer between the computer.s

Funny, I moved the same documents to a computer with XP and Office 2003, and
everything (including the Userform template, and module coding) was there,
and all worked well. I had no difficulties. Something about Vista and Office
2007 seem to be working against me.

Any suggestions?

Dan

PS: I posted this same question in the Word Programming Section, however, it
does not look as if there are many responses to a lot of the questions, and
I've always found this discussion group to be quicker to
answer.................
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I think it's a security setting issue.

Open the Developer tab in Word ribbon and change security settings.
Then try to open the document.

Hopes this helps.

---
Per

On 7 Maj, 00:28, Dan the Man
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Peter. I will check your suggestion when I get to work this
morning. I'm a real "noobie" when it comes to Office 2007. I have heard of
the "Developer Tab", but if you don't mind could you tell me the steps to
access what I need, and what in the security settings needs to be changed so
my Form template and module code shows up?

Dan

wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

NEVER MIND!

I guess I'm smarter than I thought. I was able to access the security
setting in the Word 2007 Developer Tab, and you were correct. As soon as I
changed the default setting (which hides the vba coding for the forms and
modules) to allow the coding to run, everything was there as it should be. I
then imported it all from "Project to Normal", and with that all of my Word
and Excel problems (for today) are resolved. Thank you again Peter!

Dan