Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Share Excel Worksheet

I am using Excel 2003
I created our price book in Excel. It was created so that the sales people
can copy information from a product price sheet to a call log. So that we
have a record of which quotes we did not get an order on. What do I have to
do to make the workbook shareable between 4 different sales people? Right
now, if one person is using the price book, and another person tries to open
the price book, they get the message that they can only open it up as a read
only. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Aurora
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Refer the below link

http://ezinearticles.com/?Sharing-An...ook&id=1201442

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Aurora" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003
I created our price book in Excel. It was created so that the sales people
can copy information from a product price sheet to a call log. So that we
have a record of which quotes we did not get an order on. What do I have to
do to make the workbook shareable between 4 different sales people? Right
now, if one person is using the price book, and another person tries to open
the price book, they get the message that they can only open it up as a read
only. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tools Share Workbook Editing check the box.
Be forewarned, if multiple users are in the file, there will be stability
issues and thus constant headaches...

You would be MUCH better off using Access for a task such as this. Access
can easily be shared among many users. In fact, Access was designed for this
purpose, Excel was not.

HTH,
Ryan---
--