Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Question about AdvancedFilter

Set FilterRange = Range("E2:E5000")

FilterRange.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CopyToRange:=Range("J2"),
Unique:=True

I put data like this in column E, down to row 100, row 1 has the header
"Number"

Number

1

2

3

1

2

3

But when I run the code I get, why am I getting 2 number 1's ???

1

2

3

1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Advanced filter expects the first row in the range to be the header.

Maybe you can use E1:E5000

or add headers, then include that row, too.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave, I do have a header row but I was not wanting to bring that data over,
but I can work around that,
Thanks Paul B

Paul B wrote:

Set FilterRange = Range("E2:E5000")

FilterRange.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy,
CopyToRange:=Range("J2"),
Unique:=True

I put data like this in column E, down to row 100, row 1 has the header
"Number"

Number

1

2

3

1

2

3

But when I run the code I get, why am I getting 2 number 1's ???

1

2

3

1

--

Dave Peterson

Excel VBA AdvancedFilter Question Elliott Excel Programming 2 July 21st 08 11:13 PM
Advancedfilter ram Excel Programming 1 December 30th 05 02:18 AM
AdvancedFilter in VB loopy[_6_] Excel Programming 1 June 22nd 05 03:24 PM
AdvancedFilter Criteria question Neal Steiner Excel Programming 2 September 10th 03 06:53 PM
AdvancedFilter question Debra Dalgleish[_2_] Excel Programming 0 September 1st 03 12:14 AM