Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Determine if a chart exists

All,

I've been using the search feature, but haven't crossed over a situation
where someone needed to determine if a chart exists.

I am giving the user the ability to run a snippet of code over again if they
change something. It essentially will regraph everything. I want to first
delete the Chart it had previously made if there were one and then recreate
it.

Here is my code below. I have an error message with the first line. The
two arr* terms are arrays that have a defined name.

Set shtnme = Worksheets(arrFileList(FileNum) & "_" & arrLayers(LayerNum))
'Delete graph if already there cause user reran graphing tool
If Not shtnme Is Nothing Then
Sheets(shtnme).Delete
Else: End If
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ChartName = arrFileList(FileNum) & "_" & arrLayers(LayerNum)
Found = false
for each sht in worksheets
if sht.name = ChartName then
Found = true
exit for
end if
next sht
if found = true then
Sheets(ChartName).Delete
end if

"Matt S" wrote:

All,

I've been using the search feature, but haven't crossed over a situation
where someone needed to determine if a chart exists.

I am giving the user the ability to run a snippet of code over again if they
change something. It essentially will regraph everything. I want to first
delete the Chart it had previously made if there were one and then recreate
it.

Here is my code below. I have an error message with the first line. The
two arr* terms are arrays that have a defined name.

Set shtnme = Worksheets(arrFileList(FileNum) & "_" & arrLayers(LayerNum))
'Delete graph if already there cause user reran graphing tool
If Not shtnme Is Nothing Then
Sheets(shtnme).Delete
Else: End If

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joel,

that went over the sheets in my workbook, but not the charts. Will
replacing "for each sht in worksheets" with "for each cht in charts" work?

Thanks,
Matt

"Matt S" wrote:

All,

I've been using the search feature, but haven't crossed over a situation
where someone needed to determine if a chart exists.

I am giving the user the ability to run a snippet of code over again if they
change something. It essentially will regraph everything. I want to first
delete the Chart it had previously made if there were one and then recreate
it.

Here is my code below. I have an error message with the first line. The
two arr* terms are arrays that have a defined name.

Set shtnme = Worksheets(arrFileList(FileNum) & "_" & arrLayers(LayerNum))
'Delete graph if already there cause user reran graphing tool
If Not shtnme Is Nothing Then
Sheets(shtnme).Delete
Else: End If

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yeah, didn't you try it?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______