Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default compare values

Hello,
i am looking for a function or macro that will help me out with te following
problem :

I hav a file with 2 columns (filename and name):
FILENAME NAME
dossier 1 AAP
dossier 4 AAP
dossier 9 AAP
dossier 10 AAP
dossier 5 BOOM
dossier 7 BOOM
dossier 3 MIES
dossier 2 NOOT
dossier 6 VLIEGTUIG
dossier 8 VLIEGTUIG

i want to sort this out, so only the cells with the exact name in column2
and the corresponding filename will show up :
like this

dossier 1 AAP
dossier 4 AAP
dossier 9 AAP
dossier 10 AAP
dossier 5 BOOM
dossier 7 BOOM
dossier 6 VLIEGTUIG
dossier 8 VLIEGTUIG

thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What is the rule for omitting these two rows:
dossier 3 MIES
dossier 2 NOOT
The only difference I could discover is that MIES and NOOT occurs only once.

Stefi

€ždirk€ť ezt Ă*rta:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Stefi,
this is correct
i only want a return of those files with the same name
the others i do not need.
thank you

"dirk" ezt írta:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Create a helper column, say C, header in C1: Frequency, formula in C2:
=COUNTIF(B:B,B2), fill it down to the last row, DataFilterAutofilter,
choose Custom from column C dropdown list, set condition to greater than 1.

Regards,
Stefi

€ždirk€ť ezt Ă*rta:

"Stefi" wrote in message
What is the rule for omitting these two rows:
dossier 3 MIES
dossier 2 NOOT
The only difference I could discover is that MIES and NOOT occurs only
once.

Stefi

"dirk" ezt Ă*rta: