Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing header text from one page to another

My understanding of how Excel works with a printer is that when you tell it
to print, it creates a print file based on what you have previously entered
for parameters in the page set-up options, including print ranges and page
breaks. That is what and how it will print. AFIK, there is no facility to
printing instructions in real time during the print operation. Fixed range
headers and custom headers and footers have to be determined in advance of
the print command.

You probably didn't want to hear this.

"Peter Facey" wrote in message
My spreadsheet contains a large number of names and addresses, one per
row.
When printing it, I want to throw a new page when the street name changes
and
also to put the new street name into the page header.

I can easily run down the rows inserting page breaks when the street name
changes, but is there any way of changing the header text dynamically?

Two thoughts occurred:
* is it possible to execute a vba procedure during printing every time the
top or bottom of a page is reached (one can in Access)?
* is it possible to make the header text a function of a cell value on the
page about to be printed?