Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trying to get info from a web page app into excel

I am trying to validate entries made by different people. I do NOT have
access to the database that the info is stored in. All I have, is access to
the entry screen of the database. This screen is web based and If I copy it
by selecting the whole screen, I CAN paste it into excel, however the data
is displayed as checks in check boxes., But I have NO idea how I can
"interpret" this info...

I need to be very accurate, and speed is important. I was hoping I could do
something like this and then "read" the screen to evaluate what settings are
set and which ones aren't.

This is mostly a "check it on and uncheck it to turn a feature off"

How could I go able getting this info. Am I going about it the wrong way?
(well, I know the RIGHT way would be to grab it from the database...)

Does this sound like if it is even possible?

Thanks for any guidance on this...

Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 21, 2:44*am, "Phillip" wrote:
[...]

Bruce...Two thoughts, if you use "paste special - paste as text" does
this provide more useful information? Or, is there source code behind
the page? Source code can be captured and assigned to a variable and
then parsed using functions like "instr" and "left, mid, right" to
collect the desired information...Ron