Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Recorder

Greetings,

I love the excel macro recorder for recording keystrokes inside of
excel.

the question: Is there anyway of recording keystroke going out of
excel into other programs?

Any advice is appreciated.

-Minitman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

do search on 'keyboard macros'. there are many programs like
www.workspacemacro.com

"Minitman" wrote in message
| Greetings,
|
| I love the excel macro recorder for recording keystrokes inside of
| excel.
|

| the question: Is there anyway of recording keystroke going out of
| excel into other programs?
|
| Any advice is appreciated.
|
| -Minitman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Barb,

Thanks for the reply

I have 2 workbooks. The first is for invoice creation and storage.
You can fill out an invoice form by double clicking on any invoice
number.

The 2nd workbook is the invoice form which is populated by all of the
information about the invoice number you double clicked on in the
first workbook. This is working, as is the print subroutine. The
problem is when I try to close the form workbook, I sometimes get am
I/O device error and then it closes leaving the invoice creator open
but damaged and it very quickly crashes!!!

Here is the code I have on the "Close" button:

Workbooks("Print Invoice Form.xls").Close SaveChanges:=False

It works fine, sometimes.

Since it is only a form, I have no need to save any information.

I was trying to record a macro of closing this workbook to see how vba
handles this task.

Any ideas as to how to close this workbook using vba without the I/O
device error?

Any assistance is appreciated.

-Minitman

"Minitman" wrote:

Greetings,

I love the excel macro recorder for recording keystrokes inside of
excel.

the question: Is there anyway of recording keystroke going out of
excel into other programs?

Any advice is appreciated.

-Minitman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Fix Device I/O Error Was: Macro Recorder

My apologies, it is not a macro recorder that I need, I thought I
could use something like a macro recorder to show what the problem is,
I was mistaken.

I am trying to track down a "Device I/O Error". It occurs when I
attempt to close one workbook to return to the other open workbook.
It doesn't happen every time, just enough times to be really annoying.
Every time that it does happen, the Excel program crashes and all
recent data is lost. Another strange thing seems to be happening,
before Excel crashes, I can go into Visual Basic Editor and still see
the workbook that I closed. But when I return to the spreadsheet view
and look into the window menu choice, that same workbook is NOT
present(?).

I am at a loss as to how to proceed!!!

Any one have any ideas or thoughts as to the direction I need to look?

Any help is appreciated.

-Minitman

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:32:12 -0400, "Homey" <none wrote:

do search on 'keyboard macros'. there are many programs like
www.workspacemacro.com

"Minitman" wrote in message
.. .
| Greetings,
|
| I love the excel macro recorder for recording keystrokes inside of
| excel.
|

| the question: Is there anyway of recording keystroke going out of
| excel into other programs?
|
| Any advice is appreciated.
|
| -Minitman

My excel macro recorder no longer shows up when recording macro jack Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 5th 07 09:31 PM
My excel macro recorder no longer shows up when recording macro jack Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 February 5th 07 08:22 PM
MACRO RECORDER ravi Excel Programming 5 August 2nd 05 09:45 AM
Help with Macro Recorder Please Hulk[_4_] Excel Programming 1 October 11th 04 10:19 PM
Help with Macro Recorder Please Hulk[_3_] Excel Programming 2 October 11th 04 04:57 AM