Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CountIf Function

am having trouble with a formula and thought I would see if you all have any
ideas.

I am doing a count of dates in Column D of a report, which also has blank
columns, and this formula gives me the correct data (number of dates listed
in the column):

=COUNTIF($D$8:$D$272,"<04/22/2009")

But€¦

I need to add additional criteria so I only get the count for €śBob Bugnand€ť.
I have tried various ways to add this to the COUNTIF and cant get the
formula to work. What I need to add is€¦

($Q$8:$Q$272,€ťBob Bugnand€ť)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any time you need more than one criteria, use =SUMPRODUCT()

=SUMPRODUCT(--($D$8:$D$272<39925),--($Q$8:$Q$272="Bob Bugnand"))

SUMPRODUCT is one of Excel's most powerful functions. See:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200848

"Carlene" wrote:

am having trouble with a formula and thought I would see if you all have any
ideas.

I am doing a count of dates in Column D of a report, which also has blank
columns, and this formula gives me the correct data (number of dates listed
in the column):

=COUNTIF($D$8:$D$272,"<04/22/2009")

But€¦

I need to add additional criteria so I only get the count for €śBob Bugnand€ť.
I have tried various ways to add this to the COUNTIF and cant get the
formula to work. What I need to add is€¦

($Q$8:$Q$272,€ťBob Bugnand€ť)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=SUMPRODUCT(--(D8:D272<DATE(2009,4,22)),--(O8:O272="Bob Bugnand"))
Regards,
Stefi

€žCarlene€ť ezt Ă*rta: