Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "Type" Property for a Reference Object in a VB Project

Can someone tell what the .Type Property means for a Reference object in a VB
Project? See example below. I get a Type of 0 for all my references.

Sub VBERefList()
Dim chkRef As Reference
Dim vbProj As VBProject

Set vbProj = ThisWorkbook.VBProject

For Each chkRef In vbProj.References
Debug.Print chkRef.Type
Next
End Sub

Thanks

EM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

0: vbext_rk_TypeLib
1: vbext_rk_Project

A ref to an app with a type library or to another VBProject

Regards,
Peter T

"Excel Monkey" wrote in message
Can someone tell what the .Type Property means for a Reference object in a
VB
Project? See example below. I get a Type of 0 for all my references.

Sub VBERefList()
Dim chkRef As Reference
Dim vbProj As VBProject

Set vbProj = ThisWorkbook.VBProject

For Each chkRef In vbProj.References
Debug.Print chkRef.Type
Next
End Sub

Thanks

EM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So its Typelib for DLLs?

Not only dlls but just about anything other than a VBProject

What is Project for?

As I said, to another VBProject, eg an addin if you want to call its
functions directly.

In passing, if you ever want to do that best to rename the default
"VBAProject" to something unique.