Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Macros in 2007

I am using Office 2007, and every time I open an Excel file created in the
2003 format it removes the macros and code I have created in that file.

Is there a way i can get round this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

make sure you instaled visual basic in excel 2007. it not installed
automatic. see if alt-f11 open the vbe. if no redo office setup and look
for visual bacic in shared features.

"alistew" wrote in message
|I am using Office 2007, and every time I open an Excel file created in the
| 2003 format it removes the macros and code I have created in that file.
|
| Is there a way i can get round this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you save the file in default xlsx format, it strips out the VBA parts of
the file before saving. You need to save it as 'macro enabled', or xlsm
format.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"alistew" wrote in message
I am using Office 2007, and every time I open an Excel file created in the
2003 format it removes the macros and code I have created in that file.

Is there a way i can get round this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That entry in Setup is for VBA help files. VBA itself is installed no matter
what.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______