Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Rotate a Picture

Hi All.......

I know how to rotate a "shape", but cannot seem to be able to rotate a
"Picture".

Would like to rotate it by 180 degrees. Anybody know the code, please?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Try this

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Picture 1").IncrementRotation 90#

Mike

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All.......

I know how to rotate a "shape", but cannot seem to be able to rotate a
"Picture".

Would like to rotate it by 180 degrees. Anybody know the code, please?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

it's probably obvious but for 180 degrees

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Picture 1").IncrementRotation 180#

Mike

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All.......

I know how to rotate a "shape", but cannot seem to be able to rotate a
"Picture".

Would like to rotate it by 180 degrees. Anybody know the code, please?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I guess you are using an older version. In XL 2003 can use Flip or
IncrementRotation with a Picture no problem, can't in XL2000, not sure about
XL2002.

If your picture is in an ActiveX image control it should be possible to flip
by 90/180 degrees with some API stuff, but simpler I think to use an
external image editor.

Regards,
Peter T

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All.......

I know how to rotate a "shape", but cannot seem to be able to rotate a
"Picture".

Would like to rotate it by 180 degrees. Anybody know the code, please?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks for the answer Mike, but I still could't make it work in my XL2k

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All.......

I know how to rotate a "shape", but cannot seem to be able to rotate a
"Picture".

Would like to rotate it by 180 degrees. Anybody know the code, please?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Right........XL2k here, trying to rotate a .jpg picture.
I know I can rotate it in Paint Shop Pro, but I want to be able to rotate it
in Excel, like I can a DrawingObject.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All.......

I know how to rotate a "shape", but cannot seem to be able to rotate a
"Picture".

Would like to rotate it by 180 degrees. Anybody know the code, please?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

OK, like Peter says, it's doable in 2003, and I just tried XP and it can be
done there also.......I'll just have to use an alternative approach to
simulate the desired results for XL2k..........
Thanks for the comebacks guys,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3