Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Monthly Report

Every day new values are added to the end of database sheet.
Col A -- Col B ---Col C
john-----03/29/09--$45
mary----03/30/09---$205
mary --- 04/01/09- $250
john ----04/04/09 - $ 100
Bill ----04/04/09-- $ 25
mary-----04/05/09---$50
mary ----04/06/09--$100
john -----04/10/09---$ 35

like this new records are added everytime.
in Col D1,If i enter Apr-09 output will be like this
Col D
Apr-09
mary ----$400
john------$135
Bill-------$25
Code from any body for this highly appreciated. Please don't advice me to
use pivot table or filter.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use a Pivot table ;-)

Best wishes Harald

"TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote in
message ...
Every day new values are added to the end of database sheet.
Col A -- Col B ---Col C
john-----03/29/09--$45
mary----03/30/09---$205
mary --- 04/01/09- $250
john ----04/04/09 - $ 100
Bill ----04/04/09-- $ 25
mary-----04/05/09---$50
mary ----04/06/09--$100
john -----04/10/09---$ 35

like this new records are added everytime.
in Col D1,If i enter Apr-09 output will be like this
Col D
Apr-09
mary ----$400
john------$135
Bill-------$25
Code from any body for this highly appreciated. Please don't advice me to
use pivot table or filter.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 15, 4:40*pm, "Harald Staff" wrote:
Use a Pivot table ;-)

Best wishes Harald

"TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote in

Every day new values are added to the end of database sheet.
Col A -- Col B ---Col C
john-----03/29/09--$45
mary----03/30/09---$205
mary --- 04/01/09- $250
john ----04/04/09 - $ 100
Bill ----04/04/09-- $ 25
mary-----04/05/09---$50
mary ----04/06/09--$100
john -----04/10/09---$ 35

like this new records are added everytime.
in Col D1,If i enter Apr-09 output will be like this
Col D
Apr-09
mary ----$400
john------$135
Bill-------$25
Code from any body for this highly appreciated. Please don't advice me to
use pivot table or filter.- Hide quoted text -

See your previous post. I listed a SUMPRODUCT function that will do
the trick, seeing as how you don't like pivot tables.

Best,

Matt