Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Timer w/ Start, Stop, Pause

I am trying to create a cell with a 1 hour 15 min 30 sec preset that when I
click "start", the cell will start counting down. I would also like to create
a button that can pause, stop, or reset the timer. It would be great if the
timer is paused and the workbook saved the time remains when the file is
restarted.

VBA code and instructions would be much appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't do this. Updating a cell will force a recalculation on every update,
and it will disturb the Undo functionality.
I suggest you display your time on a label, or better, on a modeless
"stopwatch-like" userform.

There is some math involved with Pause functionality. Code and instructions
will ruin the fun of figuring it out, but see
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/OnTime.aspx
to get started on timers.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"dgold82" wrote in message
I am trying to create a cell with a 1 hour 15 min 30 sec preset that when I
click "start", the cell will start counting down. I would also like to
create
a button that can pause, stop, or reset the timer. It would be great if
the
timer is paused and the workbook saved the time remains when the file is
restarted.

VBA code and instructions would be much appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Harald. I am actually not concerned about the Undo functionality.
This will be a locked worksheet/workbook with no need for it. I like the link
you gave me, but I am still curious if it can be done within cells with
command buttons for start, stop, pause, and reset.