Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Active Cell in Non-Active Worksheet

How does one get the row number of an active cell in a non-active worksheet?

For example if I am in Sheet2 and I wish to obtain the row number of the
active cell in Sheet 1 then what instruction will get it?

I am looking for something like:
=CELL("Row", Sheet1!ActiveCell)

Jack Cannon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps my terminology is wrong.

I am just trying to determine which cell has the focus or is highlighted and
do it from a different worksheet.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

You don't have to worry about it. You cannot have an active cell in a non
active worksheet.

"Jack Cannon" wrote in message
How does one get the row number of an active cell in a non-active
worksheet?

For example if I am in Sheet2 and I wish to obtain the row number of the
active cell in Sheet 1 then what instruction will get it?

I am looking for something like:
=CELL("Row", Sheet1!ActiveCell)

Jack Cannon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If a sheet is not active, no cells have focus, none are active, none are
selected. You cannot use those properties on an inactive sheet. You can
use specific range references to add data, extract data copy and paste.