Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default checkbox code needed

I have 3 checkboxes on a userform. The Userform is opened if anycell in
range C4:C100 is selected. Checkbox 1 if true = "Mech", Checkbox 2 if true =
"Elect" and Checkbox 3 if true = "Inst/FET".
I need some code so that if for example Checkbox 1 and 2 are true, then
Activecell.offset (0,9) is returned with Mech & Elect.
Similiarly, if Checkbox 1, 2 and 3 are true it returns Mech & Elect &
Inst/FET.
I need this to work in all combinations. Is it possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this in your userform code (you may have to change the object names):

Private Sub UserForm_Terminate()
Dim OutStr As String
If Me.CheckBox1.Value = True Then
OutStr$ = "Mech & "
End If
If Me.CheckBox2.Value = True Then
OutStr$ = OutStr$ & "Elect & "
End If
If Me.CheckBox3.Value = True Then
OutStr$ = OutStr$ & "Inst/FET & "
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 9).Value = Left(OutStr$, Len(OutStr$) - 3)
End Sub

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Woodi2" wrote:

I have 3 checkboxes on a userform. The Userform is opened if anycell in
range C4:C100 is selected. Checkbox 1 if true = "Mech", Checkbox 2 if true =
"Elect" and Checkbox 3 if true = "Inst/FET".
I need some code so that if for example Checkbox 1 and 2 are true, then
Activecell.offset (0,9) is returned with Mech & Elect.
Similiarly, if Checkbox 1, 2 and 3 are true it returns Mech & Elect &
Inst/FET.
I need this to work in all combinations. Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

tom:

your code works fine except if somebody closes the form without making a
selection. not sure this will happen, but in my experience it somebody will
close the form without selecting an item.

so, just to add to your code, i think this would work:

Private Sub UserForm_Terminate()
Dim OutStr As String
If Me.CheckBox1.Value = True Then
OutStr$ = "Mech & "
End If
If Me.CheckBox2.Value = True Then
OutStr$ = OutStr$ & "Elect & "
End If
If Me.CheckBox3.Value = True Then
OutStr$ = OutStr$ & "Inst/FET & "
End If
If Me.CheckBox1 = False And Me.CheckBox2 = False And Me.CheckBox3 =
False Then
End
Else
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 9).Value = Left(OutStr$, Len(OutStr$) - 3)

Gary

"Woodi2" wrote:

I have 3 checkboxes on a userform. The Userform is opened if anycell in
range C4:C100 is selected. Checkbox 1 if true = "Mech", Checkbox 2 if
true =
"Elect" and Checkbox 3 if true = "Inst/FET".
I need some code so that if for example Checkbox 1 and 2 are true, then
Activecell.offset (0,9) is returned with Mech & Elect.
Similiarly, if Checkbox 1, 2 and 3 are true it returns Mech & Elect &
Inst/FET.
I need this to work in all combinations. Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good point. Instead of checking all three checkbox values, I might just check
the length of OutStr$:

If Len(OutStr$) 0 Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 9).Value = Left(OutStr$, Len(OutStr$) - 3)
Else
MsgBox "No selection was made"
End If

Hutch

"Woodi2" wrote:

I have 3 checkboxes on a userform. The Userform is opened if anycell in
range C4:C100 is selected. Checkbox 1 if true = "Mech", Checkbox 2 if
true =
"Elect" and Checkbox 3 if true = "Inst/FET".
I need some code so that if for example Checkbox 1 and 2 are true, then
Activecell.offset (0,9) is returned with Mech & Elect.
Similiarly, if Checkbox 1, 2 and 3 are true it returns Mech & Elect &
Inst/FET.
I need this to work in all combinations. Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom. That worked perfectly. Thanks to yourself as well Gary however
Toms code did the trick as I have code that checks the values within the
checkboxes elswhere.
Much Appreciated.