Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA code seeing documents in Vista?

Hello,

I created an Excel application using Office 2003 and on Windows XP. During
the project, I had to upgrade to Office 2007 and Windows Vista.

I noticed that my macros were not able to see the files (myfile.xls). My
client laughed and said I ought to look into how Vista hides the extensions
on files. I went to tools options on the folder and said show extensions.
MY VBA code was then able to see the document.

Has anyone else experienced this? How can we write code that can see
documents whether or not the folder has extensions hidden or visible?

Thanks,

Tony