Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default select from list

hi,

i have created an excel spreadsheet that serves as a table (linked) for my
access database.
i want to prevent users from misentering data so i seek for two things:

first i want for each cell in column A users to be allowed to select only
from a list that i will create or, if possible from a table in access.
second i want to lock the programming of my spreadsheet (functions, list
data, etc.)

can you help me solve this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The first part is very easy. You can use a Data Validation drop-down. It
allows users to pick entries from a pre-defined list. see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200843