Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autofilter on hidden sheet

Does anyone know if it is possible to use autofilter on a hidden worksheet. I
know that as a workaround I can make it visible, do the do, and then make it
hidden again, but out of curiosity I wondered whether this is some sort of
restriction??

We've tried several methods without any success.

Any help greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Our code looks something like this:

Worksheets("BPNO_CPSCII").Activate
Range("A1:G1").Select
Selection.AutoFilter
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<*" & CPSC & "*"

BUT when it runs it filters the currently visible sheet and NOT the hidden
one (BPNO_CPSCII) as required

"Nigel" wrote:

You can filter on a hidden sheet but not a protected one unless you allow
filtering. What methods have you tried?

Nigel

"JLR-Mart" wrote in message
Does anyone know if it is possible to use autofilter on a hidden
worksheet. I
know that as a workaround I can make it visible, do the do, and then make
it
hidden again, but out of curiosity I wondered whether this is some sort of
restriction??

We've tried several methods without any success.

Any help greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't activate a hidden sheet. But the good thing is that you don't need
to.

with Worksheets("BPNO_CPSCII")
.autofiltermode = false 'remove any existing filter.
.Range("A1:G1").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<*" & CPSC & "*"
end with

--

Dave Peterson