Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Button Programming

Sorry if I'm not providing much on this. I'm starting from scratch and a bit
lost.

I have a spreadsheet that has a list of users on it. Next to each user I
have added an "In Attendance" field with check boxes. A field has a point
total in it. When users attend certain parts of an event, they earn points,
which are added to the point total field. The things that earn points can
happen quickly and attendance can change throughout the event.

What I want to do is add a button to the spreadsheet that, when clicked,
adds say five points to each user with the "In Attendance" check box checked.

I'm not asking someone to make this for me, but I'm not even sure where to
go to look up something like this. Has anyone done anything similar? If so,
any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just put some code in the Checkbox control that adds the points?
Something similar to this psuedo code snippet.

Private Sub Checkbox1_Click()
Dim SomeCell As Range
SomeCell = Range("B6")
If Checkbox1.Value = True Then
SomeCell = SomeCell.Value + 5
End If
Checkbox1.Value = False
End Sub

The principle of the above code is to assign a variable to the cell where
the persons points will be accumulated. As the person clicks the checkbox
that they attended the event, or a session of the event, then the points are
added to the accumulator cell, in this case B6. The checkbox then resets to
False, or empty.

"Janazar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's closer than I've been, but there could be many people attending the
event. When actions occur that would accumulate points, I want the person
handling this to be able to click one button and add the points to all those
with the box checked. This would allow them to only have to check and uncheck
boxes at other times when people come and go.
Maybe the checkbox isn't the answer. I just want to make it simple, as the
person doing this will have other duties as well.