Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding cells from different sheets of same workbook

Hi,
I have this very weird problem with my excel formula. Hope somebody can help
me. In Sheet5 cell J8 i have this formula

=Sum(Sheet1!J8,Sheet2!J8,Sheet3!J8,Sheet4!J8)

Whenever i change some cell in Sheets 1,2,3 or 4 the focus automatically
comes to sheet5. Change means deleting anything in those sheets or entering
some new data.
Did any one have the same issue. Please HELP!!!

Note: I have large amount of data in sheets 1,2,3,4. About 500 rows in each
sheet. And nothing in Sheet5 except for this formulae for diff cells J8:N10

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Probably because you have Calculation set to automatic. You can go into
ToolOptions and set Calculation to manual, which will keep it from
automatically going to J8 on sheet 5, but then when you want the value for
that cell, you will have to tell it to calculate.

"swtupr" wrote:

Hi,
I have this very weird problem with my excel formula. Hope somebody can help
me. In Sheet5 cell J8 i have this formula

=Sum(Sheet1!J8,Sheet2!J8,Sheet3!J8,Sheet4!J8)

Whenever i change some cell in Sheets 1,2,3 or 4 the focus automatically
comes to sheet5. Change means deleting anything in those sheets or entering
some new data.
Did any one have the same issue. Please HELP!!!

Note: I have large amount of data in sheets 1,2,3,4. About 500 rows in each
sheet. And nothing in Sheet5 except for this formulae for diff cells J8:N10

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for that tip...It Worked :)....but i have a prob here when i make
excel calc manual. I have some other formulae in sheets 1,2,3,4 which have to
be calculated when i enter data automatically...i want the default
calculation set to automatic...

I tried making calculation Manual and then automatic in the change event of
sheet1 say. But before even entering the change event, the focus is on
sheet5.. :((