Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JJ JJ is offline

Default Command Button & Font Size

I've a spreadsheet with a command button (macro to sort spreadsheet).
Command button works great but the text on the command button keeps reducing
in font size over time for no apparent reason. Properties of command button
still says font of 36, however in reality it appeats to be about 6 or 8.

I stuggled to change it back to proper size once before, however I don't
have time to fight with it today.

Can anyone advise how to change font size and how to stop this from happening.

Thanks,

JJ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think I've seen this behavior before, but I'll hazard a guess:
Right-click on the button Format Control Properties Don't move or size
with cells OK.

Good luck,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"JJ" wrote:

I've a spreadsheet with a command button (macro to sort spreadsheet).
Command button works great but the text on the command button keeps reducing
in font size over time for no apparent reason. Properties of command button
still says font of 36, however in reality it appeats to be about 6 or 8.

I stuggled to change it back to proper size once before, however I don't
have time to fight with it today.

Can anyone advise how to change font size and how to stop this from happening.

Thanks,

JJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JJ JJ is offline

It is already set as you recommended. As well, the command button properties
are
Caption - 'Sort Client List' (this is what is changing)
Font - Arial 36 (now about 4)
Locked - True
I believe the font size reduction occurs when I click the command button
(not positive if it occurs every time or just occasionally).

Guess I should have noted I'm using Excel 2003.

"JJ" wrote:

I've a spreadsheet with a command button (macro to sort spreadsheet).
Command button works great but the text on the command button keeps reducing
in font size over time for no apparent reason. Properties of command button
still says font of 36, however in reality it appeats to be about 6 or 8.

I stuggled to change it back to proper size once before, however I don't
have time to fight with it today.

Can anyone advise how to change font size and how to stop this from happening.

Thanks,

JJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lets try to straighten this out without a writing campaign, back and forth,
back and forth. All I can think of, and Ive never had see this personally,
is that you need to replace the CommandButton (Active X) from the control
toolbox toolbar with a button from the Forms toolbar (Form control). Im
assuming that you are using a Private Sub, right. Im at school now, and
they use Excel 2007 here. I still havent figured out how to do these things
in 2007, but you are working in 2003 anyway. If the code is under the Sheet,
just move it to a module and run it from there.

Or, if you want to stick with that Private Sub, delete that CommandButton
and replace it with another CommandButton and relink it to your code (from
the same control toolbox toolbar). Maybe the Button go corrupt or some such
thing. Excel is very reliable, but every once in a while it does things that
are weird and inexplicable.

Good luck,
Ryan---

PS, you can see this tutorial:
http://www.mrexcel.com/tip068.shtml

This may be helpful too:

Ryan---

"JJ" wrote:

I've a spreadsheet with a command button (macro to sort spreadsheet).
Command button works great but the text on the command button keeps reducing
in font size over time for no apparent reason. Properties of command button
still says font of 36, however in reality it appeats to be about 6 or 8.

I stuggled to change it back to proper size once before, however I don't
have time to fight with it today.

Can anyone advise how to change font size and how to stop this from happening.

Thanks,

JJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JJ JJ is offline

Thank you very much Ryan! I tried all ways you suggested (mainly for leaning
purposes) and they all worked! I eventually settled on using command button
from the forms tool bar and deleting the existing one. In the meantime I
learned 2 other ways for creating such an object :)

MrExcel.com is also very helpful and I have added to my favorites.

Thanks!
JJ