Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autofilter on Day

Using Excel 2007.
I have 6000+ rows of data with date.
When I formate date with DDDD, I can see sunday, monday etc but if I
click on autofilter, all dates are listed instead of day. I want to
filter on Monday, or tuesday or sunday....but excel does not like it.
How to do that. Pl help me.

Regards,
madiya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have a option in my Table add-in for days
Create a Table of you range and use the Date button on the Table tools Ribbon

http://www.rondebruin.nl/table.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3972 (20090328) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3972 (20090328) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd insert a new column and use a formula like:
=text(a2,"dddd")
and filter by that.

FYI only, in xl2003 if I format real dates with a custom number format of dddd,
I see the days of the week, not the dates.

Madiya wrote:

Using Excel 2007.
I have 6000+ rows of data with date.
When I formate date with DDDD, I can see sunday, monday etc but if I
click on autofilter, all dates are listed instead of day. I want to
filter on Monday, or tuesday or sunday....but excel does not like it.
How to do that. Pl help me.

Regards,
madiya

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave

FYI only, in xl2003 if I format real dates with a custom number format of dddd,
I see the days of the week, not the dates.

Another difference between 2003-2007 <g

--

Madiya wrote:

Using Excel 2007.
I have 6000+ rows of data with date.
When I formate date with DDDD, I can see sunday, monday etc but if I
click on autofilter, all dates are listed instead of day. I want to
filter on Monday, or tuesday or sunday....but excel does not like it.
How to do that. Pl help me.

Regards,
madiya

--

Dave Peterson

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3972 (20090328) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3972 (20090328) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron

I had not realised that you had updated the add-in to include this.
I have just updated my download.
It is very nice - thank you.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Madiya" wrote in message
Using Excel 2007.
I have 6000+ rows of data with date.
When I formate date with DDDD, I can see sunday, monday etc but if I
click on autofilter, all dates are listed instead of day. I want to
filter on Monday, or tuesday or sunday....but excel does not like it.
How to do that. Pl help me.

Regards,
madiya

signature database 3972 (20090328) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 3972 (20090328) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I have just tried Ron's add-in and it works perfectly for this (and many
other date options as well).
If, for any reason, you are not allowed to to use add-ins, then you could
insert a new column adjacent to your date column
with the formula =WEEKDAY(A2) and copied down.
Filter on 5 for Thursday etc.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Madiya" wrote in message
Using Excel 2007.
I have 6000+ rows of data with date.
When I formate date with DDDD, I can see sunday, monday etc but if I
click on autofilter, all dates are listed instead of day. I want to
filter on Monday, or tuesday or sunday....but excel does not like it.
How to do that. Pl help me.

Regards,
madiya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 28, 10:29*pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
I hope you like it Roger

--

"Madiya" wrote in message
Using Excel 2007.
I have 6000+ rows of data with date.
When I formate date with DDDD, I can see sunday, monday etc but if I
click on autofilter, all dates are listed instead of day. I want to
filter on Monday, or tuesday or sunday....but excel does not like it.
How to do that. Pl help me.

Regards,
madiya

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3972 (20090328) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3972 (20090328) __________

http://www.eset.com- Hide quoted text -

Hi all,
Thanks for all the help.
Its nice to get a solution on monday morning and that too by so many
people.
and both the solutions works for xl2003 and xl2007.
Thanks Ron, I have downloaded your addin and exploring the same.

Regards,
Madiya