Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Extracting data from consecutive rows into every "nth" row

I have two spreadsheets that I am working with, one that contains weekly data
only and one that contains daily data. I would like a shorter way than copy,
paste, edit to reference each data point that i need to extract. the data
references end up similar to this.
sheet 1 || sheet 2
a1 = '[file]sheet2'!a1
a8 = '[file]sheet2'!a2
a15 = '[file]sheet2'!a3
etc etc

I noticed that =offset() will work in cases of going from sheet 1 to sheet
2, but i am doing the inverse. going from sheet 2 to sheet 1. any ideas of
how to get that to work?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I understood well your problem, you need to extract every 7th row from
sheet 1 into sheet 2. Enter
=INDIRECT("sheet 1!A"&(ROW()-1)*7+1)
in sheet 2, A1 and fill it down!

Regards,