Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default programming

as you may or may not know, everyday is numbered from January 1, 1900, this
being number 1. I have used these numbers in sync with each month of this
year.
today march 27, 2009 is number 39900. each of my 12 columns is set up this
way. april 1 thru april 30 is numbers 39905 thru 39934 and so on. during this
period, numerous rows are set up, and data is registered for the different
days of the month, and totals as well. I did it this way so as not to have to
see all the data from previous months. -Example, data and tallys will show up
for the whole month of april, on may 1, 2009 its number will be 39935. from
this time and ahead 31 days all data entered will show up under may. all of
aprils data will be gone. how can I retain each of the previous months -
January thru Aprils totals - for each row so as to keep a running total for
the year once the month changes. Additional rows below this chart can be set
up to do this, but when the month changes, the data clears. If you need to
see how I did this, in a cell use the =NOW() function, then format the cell
to number, with no decimal point. That number is the nth. number from
1/1/1900, and each day it will increment. Thank you
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the number 1 in excel is Jan 1, 1900 amd every day adds another 1 to the
date. Any fraction of a date is less than one day. One hour = 1/24, one
minute = 1/(24*60), ands one second is 1/(24*60*60). You some how either
just store the time and not the date into the cells that are showing Jan 1,
1900. Thsi could of happened you remove the integer portion of the Date whre
the days are the integer portion and the hour and minutes are the fractional
part.

When you use Today it gives you midnight of the start of the day which only
has the integer portion of the number. When you use Now() it give the day
and hours. to convert and Now() numbdr to a Today number you will use the
Int function.

Int(Now()) = Today() This equation will always be true.