Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Drop Down Menu - Data Selection Request

All,

I have a work book with multiple worksheets in it. Each worksheet is
named after a specific date eg 'DATE 01/02/09' , 'DATE 03/04/09' etc.
There is also a summary worksheet called 'summary'. On this summary
worksheet there is a dropdown menu which has all the 'DATE xxxxx'
worksheets as a selection option.

In each 'DATE xxxxx' worksheet there are two cells A1, and B1 with
some numerical data in them. This data is in the same position in each
'DATE xxxxx' sheet.

What I would like to be able to do is as follows:

1) User select 'DATE xxxxx' worksheet from the drop down menu on the
summary sheet
2) This action will copy the data from A1 and B1 in the relevant 'DATE
xxxxx' sheet and display it in the summary sheet in cells D2, and
E2.

Any help you could give me on this would be much appreciated,

Regards

Joseph Crabtree
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If dropdown list is in B1 then enter this formula in
Summary D2: =INDIREKT("'"&$B$1&"'!A1")
Summary E2: =INDIREKT("'"&$B$1&"'!B1")

Regards,
Stefi

€žjoecrabtree€ť ezt Ă*rta:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I assume the sheet name is "DATE 01-02-09"
Summary A2 = Date

D2 =INDIRECT("'"&"DATE " & A2&"'!A1")
E2 =INDIRECT("'"&"DATE " & A2&"'!B1")

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"joecrabtree" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"joecrabtree" wrote:
[...]

Thanks all for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

€žjoecrabtree€ť ezt Ă*rta: