Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Condition formatting problem

Hello all,

I have made a condition formatting if in cell i4 I write for ex.
256324 the row from A4 to H4 turn in color green. my formula is
Formula is =$I$4

my problem is that instead of writting 256324 if I write EL 256324
the condition formatting dosen't work, so my question is what will be
my condition in this case?

Please help!

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am a bit confused by your statement "my formula is Formula is =$I$4
Do you mean the cells A4:H4 changes colour when equal to what is in I4?

Now you want, for example, A4 to change colour when A4 is EL 256324 and I4
is just 256324?
If so, try =ISNUMBER(FIND($I$4,A4))
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Fred's" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have made a condition formatting if in cell i4 I write for ex.
256324 the row from A4 to H4 turn in color green. my formula is
Formula is =$I$4

my problem is that instead of writting 256324 if I write EL 256324
the condition formatting dosen't work, so my question is what will be
my condition in this case?

Please help!

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I mean that cells A4:H4 changes colour when equal to what is in I4 if
this equal to numbers, but If I enter letter and number in the cell I4
the color dosen't changed

"Fred's" wrote in message

Hello all,

I have made a condition formatting if in cell i4 I write for ex.
256324 the row from A4 to H4 turn in color green. my formula is
Formula is =$I$4

my problem is that instead of writting 256324 if I write EL 256324
the condition formatting dosen't work, so my question is what will be
my condition in this case?

Please help!

Thank you.- Masquer le texte des messages précédents -

- Afficher le texte des messages précédents -