Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default is it POSSIBLE to create a Database in excel using VBA...

Hello friends,

I have unique requirement, I'm looking to understand the possibility to
create a database using VBA in excel where the user can uplad attachments as
well. Below are the actions/formats required.

1) Create a form for the users enter the data.
2) Multiple user should be able to use the form and the information should
get updated in a master workbook/sheet.
3)Users should be able to upload an attachment using the form as well.
4)need to create a search and sorting (user, file # wise...etc) criteria so
that the data can be retrived easily for future reference and audit.
5) If a row is selected in the database and clicked - it should show all the
attachment realated to it. So that ppl can retrive the attachment as well.
6) Should be able to run reporting to analyze the data as well.

Constrains - This is for team of 10 users, unfortuantely we don't have
financial aid nor required skills to create a tool in SQL or DotNet or
MS-ACCESS. We want to keep it simple so that anyone in the team can improvise
it later. The main constrain being to upload attachment and retrive it.

This database will be created in shared network, so that all the users can
access it.

Hope i didn't confuse it, however pls do drop an email if you have questions
and suggestions. I have very tight dead line to implement a data tracker (its
my idea to add the attachment as well so that we have all the relevent doc in
one place)..

Thanks in advance!
Senthil