Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
avi avi is offline

Default Refedit very serious/urgent problem

Hello,

Al Excel files (add-ins or regular files) containing a refedit
component crash with 2 possibles messages: "Permission denied" (when
trying to add the add-in) and "Automation error" when trying to run

It looks as something is certainly wrong in my registry but all the
cleaners I have used so far did not help

Is there a way to know what part of the registry relate to refedit?

Please try helping

Thanks
Avi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It looks like you don't have a reference to the 'RefEdit' library. Try
running the following in a standard module:

Sub GetReferences()
Dim Wb As Workbook, ref, i

Set Wb = ThisWorkbook

For Each ref In Wb.VBProject.References
i = i + 1
Cells(i, 1) = ref.Name
Next
End Sub

If the RefEdit is not among these then you dont have this library.
--
A. Ch. Eirinberg

"avi" wrote:

Hello,

Al Excel files (add-ins or regular files) containing a refedit
component crash with 2 possibles messages: "Permission denied" (when
trying to add the add-in) and "Automation error" when trying to run

It looks as something is certainly wrong in my registry but all the
cleaners I have used so far did not help

Is there a way to know what part of the registry relate to refedit?

Please try helping

Thanks
Avi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You actually don't need a reference to the RefEdit library.

A recent Office Update has made some changes to the RefEdit library file,
which has wrought havoc on many add-ins. This leads to messages like
"Compile error in hidden module".

One remedy which sometimes works is to uncheck the reference to the RefEdit
library in VB projects that use RefEdits.

A remedy which is much more likely to be successful is to run Detect and
Repair from the Help menu.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"avi" wrote:

Hello,

Al Excel files (add-ins or regular files) containing a refedit
component crash with 2 possibles messages: "Permission denied" (when
trying to add the add-in) and "Automation error" when trying to run

It looks as something is certainly wrong in my registry but all the
cleaners I have used so far did not help

Is there a way to know what part of the registry relate to refedit?

Please try helping

Thanks
Avi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
avi avi is offline

Thanks

Actually, I have done all of these including a reinstallation of
Office

No success so far

Avi