Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deleting shapes with VB deletes cell validation as well. EH?

In an extraordinarily weird week with VB, this is the weirdest of all. I have :
Dim Shp As Shape

and futher on:

Range("title.1:clean.end.personal").ClearComments
'
'validation settings for cells are still there

On Error Resume Next
For Each Shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
Shp.Delete
Next

''validation settings for cells are gone

I have isolated the code to the area between the two comments (which say
what is happening). How can this possibly be? Earlier in the macro I have run
the identical code in a different sheet and validation settings are
unchanged. EH?
Regards, Brett