Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trying to copy data to a new sheet and row

Hi, is there a way in which data that is entered on one screen is copied to
a different sheet and placed on a new row so that previous entries are not
over written? Also, to then delete the data entry on the first sheet for
the next data entry? In a way, I'm asking for similar functions to those in
Access, but I have to use Excel for this.
ALL help gratefully received! Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the short answer is yes but requires some work

Rons site gives good guidance how to do this.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm
--
jb

"sparkes84" wrote:

Hi, is there a way in which data that is entered on one screen is copied to
a different sheet and placed on a new row so that previous entries are not
over written? Also, to then delete the data entry on the first sheet for
the next data entry? In a way, I'm asking for similar functions to those in
Access, but I have to use Excel for this.
ALL help gratefully received! Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trying to copy data to a new sheet and row in

Hi - thanks for your reply. I found some help via a link and have made this
work. My next problem is that I have tried to put a command button the page
where the data entry occurs to run the macro but it comes up with a message
saying Object Required. I don't understand it! When I run my macro, it is
called Sheet1.RemoveThem . My programming is as follows - any ideas??

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Command1_Click

Dim stMacroName As String

stMacroName = "Sheet1.Removethem"