Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a "ChangeCell" event?

I have a pulldown list of values. I need to run a macro whenever the value
of the cell with the pulldown changes.

For example, If the cell is changed from "Master" to "Balance", I need a
macro to run to unhide certain sheets and hide others. The macro (vba code)
is not the problem - it's just having excel execute the code if the cell
value changes.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction is appreciated!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use a Change Event Macro. Say we are interested in detecting changes to cell
B9:

Set t = Target
Set b = Range("B9")
If Intersect(t, b) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
MsgBox ("B9 has changed")
End Sub

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"Rich" wrote:

I have a pulldown list of values. I need to run a macro whenever the value
of the cell with the pulldown changes.

For example, If the cell is changed from "Master" to "Balance", I need a
macro to run to unhide certain sheets and hide others. The macro (vba code)
is not the problem - it's just having excel execute the code if the cell
value changes.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction is appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim myintersect As Range
Set myintersect = Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1"))

If Not myintersect Is Nothing Then
If UCase(Target) = "MASTER" Then
MsgBox "Call the M subroutine"
ElseIf UCase(Target) = "BALANCE" Then
MsgBox "Call the B subroutine"

Note that this must go onto a worksheet module - right click the sheet's tab
and select View Code. Change reference to A1 to suit your needs
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rich" wrote in message
I have a pulldown list of values. I need to run a macro whenever the value
of the cell with the pulldown changes.

For example, If the cell is changed from "Master" to "Balance", I need a
macro to run to unhide certain sheets and hide others. The macro (vba
code)
is not the problem - it's just having excel execute the code if the cell
value changes.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction is appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Gary.

I had actually just stumbled onto something that works, too. Here is what I
did:

If Target.Address = "$B$25" _
Then
***run my code to hide and unhide sheets***
End if
end sub

Cell B25 is the cell that I want to monitor for changes. Changes to any
other cell will not run my code.