Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dkk dkk is offline

Default Complicated Lookup Code

At least it is complicated to this novice. I would like to click on a cell &
cursor go to another table. As an example:

Table 1: Click on cell that contains the number 2:
Jones Smith
X 4 5
Y 3 2

And cursor goes to the Time in Table 2 (in my example the cursor would go to
cell that has the time of 1.4:

Time ColumnH ColumnI
1.1 X Jones
1.2 X Smith
1.3 Y Jones
1.4 Y Smith

If I clicked on the number 3 in Table 1 the cursor would go to cell with
1.3, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi dkk

You are referring to a complicated "lookup". The lookup isn't complicated.
The "unusual" part is for the cursor to "jump" to another location on its
own.

Is this really what you need? As soon as the user clicks on a cell - even
accidentally - (of which the essential info actually is the topmost cell in
the column "Smith" and the leftmost cell in the row "Y" because these are the
keys you use to locate "1.4") the cursor should jump to another location. Is
this correct?

Is the cell content ("2") in Table 1 significant and in what sense?

"dkk" wrote:

At least it is complicated to this novice. I would like to click on a cell &
cursor go to another table. As an example:

Table 1: Click on cell that contains the number 2:
Jones Smith
X 4 5
Y 3 2

And cursor goes to the Time in Table 2 (in my example the cursor would go to
cell that has the time of 1.4:

Time ColumnH ColumnI
1.1 X Jones
1.2 X Smith
1.3 Y Jones
1.4 Y Smith

If I clicked on the number 3 in Table 1 the cursor would go to cell with
1.3, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dkk dkk is offline

Thanks for the reply! All the data is significant & used for analysis. (Of
course, my example was very simple & not my real data, I just wanted to know
how to do what I was thinking of doing or if it was even possible.) I guess
I'll try to figure out a different way to attain my goal.