Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default END IF in a macro

Hi,

I am working with Excel 2003 and have a problem with End If statement in a
macro. I have created a workbook named Agency Billing. What I need to do
is:

-if the sum of range D2:D46 = 0.00, then go to sub-routine called CopyCosts
-otherwise, copy specified range, open wb Bad Debt, find next blank row,
paste data, save & close Bad Debt wb, then

-go to sub-routine CopyCost
-if cell named exp = 0.00, the go to sub-routine to CloseFile, otherwise
-copy range named CopyCost, open wb Collection Cost, find next blank row,
paste data, save and close Collection Cost wb, then

-close active wb (Agency Billing) without saving.

What happens is if D2:D46 is greater than 0.00, it will run this routine,
but stops without going to the next sub-routine to CopyCosts. I have no
idea why it will not run and am hoping someone can help. A portion of the
macro I have is as follows:

If Application.Sum(Worksheets("Bad Debt").Range("D2:D46")) = 0 Then

Call CopyCost

Else
End If

Dim lastRow As Long
lastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "l").End(xlUp).Row
'set variable to the last used row in L
Range("H1:L" & lastRow).Copy

Workbooks.Open Filename:="G:\Bad Debt"

Range("A5").Select
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = ""
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWindow.Close

End Sub

Sub CopyCost()

Application.Goto Reference:="exp"
If Worksheets("Input").Range("exp") = 0 Then

Call CloseFile
End
Else
End If

Application.Goto Reference:="CopyCost"
Selection.Copy

Workbooks.Open Filename:="G:\Collection Costs"
Range("A5").Select
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = ""
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWindow.Close

End Sub

Sub CloseFile()
Sheets("Input").Select
Range("A1").Select

MsgBox "Collection Costs & Bad Debt have been recorded. This file will
close now"
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False

End Sub

Thanks
--
Linda
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you are lookong for this:

Sub test()

Dim lastRow As Long
If Application.Sum(Worksheets("Bad Debt").Range("D2:D46")) < 0 Then
lastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "l").End(xlUp).Row
'set variable to the last used row in L
Range("H1:L" & lastRow).Copy
Workbooks.Open Filename:="G:\Bad Debt"
Range("A5").Select
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = ""
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWindow.Close
End If
Call CopyCost

Stefi

mathel ezt *rta:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As suggested, I changed the line:
If Application.Sum(Worksheets("Bad Debt").Range("D2:D46")) = 0 Then.....

to: If Application.Sum(Worksheets("Bad Debt").Range("D2:D46")) < 0 Then...

It will now go to the Sub routine to CopyCost, and records the Cost, etc,
however, it will not run the sub-routine to CloseFile.

I tried changing the line: If Worksheets("Input").Range("exp") = 0 Then...
to the same as above (If Worksheets("Input").Range("exp") < 0 Then....
The macro then goes to the last sub-routine CloseFile() without recording
anything. Unfortunately, it is still not running properly.

Thanks
--
Linda

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Without knowing exactly the job I can't review the whole program logiv, but
this part of sub CopyCost is ambiguous:

Application.Goto Reference:="exp"
If Worksheets("Input").Range("exp") = 0 Then

Call CloseFile
End
Else
End If

Try this one instead:

If Worksheets("Input").Range("exp") = 0 Then
Call CloseFile
End If

Review your knowledge of using IF ... ELSE ... END IF structure!

Regards,
Stefi

mathel ezt *rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your help. You were right with regards to the Else, End If
statements. I removed or changed some of the statements, added to 'Call' for
the next sub-routine, etc. and have the macro running as it should.

I am relatively new to Excel and have never done programming, but I have
learned a lot from this web site and find the assistance provided is
invaluable!
--
Linda