Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Format

Sometimes I run into the problem of a cell with many items in it. For example:
=6546456.23+6548985.89+7892598.25+12548868.32

The cell show the total but if someone is reading the numbers it makes it a
more difficult that they are not formatedd with commas.

Is there a way to help this visual?

Thank you,

Steven
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think there is a "format" that will do what you want, but I would
guess VB could help out... however, we would need to know a little more
about your requirements. Are we talking only about addition (and I assume
subtraction)? What about multiplication, division and raising to powers?
Could any function calls be involved (MOD, SIN, and the like)? I would think
the more of these that are involved, the lengthier the code would be to
handle them all.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Steven" wrote in message
Sometimes I run into the problem of a cell with many items in it. For
example:
=6546456.23+6548985.89+7892598.25+12548868.32

The cell show the total but if someone is reading the numbers it makes it
more difficult that they are not formatedd with commas.

Is there a way to help this visual?

Thank you,

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rick,

Thank you for the response. I thought maybe there is a custom routine I am
missing. Basically I was thinking for any function that has hardcoded
numbers. Using my example I would see at the click of a button:

=6,546,456.23+6,548,985.89+7,892,598.25+1,2548,868 .32

I would not be concerned about () on the negatives. I just want to more
clearly see the numbers. This does not happen that often but when it does it
would be nice to have.

Thank you,

Steven