Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Don is offline

Default excel button to save sheet contents to new workbook

I have an excel workbook where on Sheet1, I can input some data in column A
and the embedded lookups show data relevant to my input value in columns B
through U. Sometimes, I may input as many as 7000 rows of data in column A.
Can a "Button" in the workbook be programmed such that it will save the
contents of Sheet1 A1:U7000 to a new workbook and prompt me to name it and
save to a location of my choice? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Which version of Excel ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Don" wrote in message ...
I have an excel workbook where on Sheet1, I can input some data in column A
and the embedded lookups show data relevant to my input value in columns B
through U. Sometimes, I may input as many as 7000 rows of data in column A.
Can a "Button" in the workbook be programmed such that it will save the
contents of Sheet1 A1:U7000 to a new workbook and prompt me to name it and
save to a location of my choice? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Don is offline

sorry....Excel 2007

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Which version of Excel ?

--

"Don" wrote in message ...
I have an excel workbook where on Sheet1, I can input some data in column A
and the embedded lookups show data relevant to my input value in columns B
through U. Sometimes, I may input as many as 7000 rows of data in column A.
Can a "Button" in the workbook be programmed such that it will save the
contents of Sheet1 A1:U7000 to a new workbook and prompt me to name it and
save to a location of my choice? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Don

If your data is in a range make a table of your range.
And there are code examples on this page to do the copy to a new workbook
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tablecode.htm

Add code to save the workbook and you are ready

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Don" wrote in message ...
sorry....Excel 2007

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Which version of Excel ?

--

"Don" wrote in message ...
I have an excel workbook where on Sheet1, I can input some data in column A
and the embedded lookups show data relevant to my input value in columns B
through U. Sometimes, I may input as many as 7000 rows of data in column A.
Can a "Button" in the workbook be programmed such that it will save the
contents of Sheet1 A1:U7000 to a new workbook and prompt me to name it and
save to a location of my choice? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Don is offline

Thanks!

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Don

If your data is in a range make a table of your range.
And there are code examples on this page to do the copy to a new workbook
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tablecode.htm

Add code to save the workbook and you are ready

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Don" wrote in message ...