Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Internet Exlporer and Vista

I have code that, in Windows XP, would go out and upload or download
information to a web page using the web pages GUI. This code still works fine
in XP, but using it on a vista machine causes the code to fail. I cannot keep
a handle on the internet explorer object if I navigate away from the page
more than once. Of course if that happens I can no longer manipulate the page
and my code fails. I realize they changed how IE works in Vista, so does
anyone know of a working method to do this. I need to navigate using the
links, and click the objects in the browser, since I don;t want the code to
have acces to anything else. here is a sample of the code I'm using:

Sub UploadToIE()

Dim ieBW As InternetExplorer

Set ieBW = New InternetExplorer
ieBW.Navigate2 "www.Google.com"
ieBW.Navigate2 "www.microsoft.com"

'This is where the code fails as it no longer knows what ieBW is
Do
DoEvents
Loop Until ieBW.ReadyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE And Not ieBW.Busy

End Sub

Thanks for any help!

--
J Streger

User of MS Office 2003

VISTA PaulaC New Users to Excel 1 July 28th 09 02:13 PM
Where does MS Vista store xslx files opened directly from Internet Gonzalo Martin Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 11 February 2nd 09 03:12 PM
Vista -vs- XP Bill Martin[_3_] Excel Programming 11 October 2nd 08 12:37 AM
XP V Vista Arisaiglass Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 March 10th 08 08:02 PM
Vista and VB6 DLL [email protected] Excel Programming 12 November 29th 07 02:37 PM