Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automation add-in avaible in VBS,Access,Word,PPT but not in Excel

Hi,

I created an Automation Add-in for Excel 2003 using c#

I installed this add-in and everything functioned well till yesterday.

Today, all my worksheets crashes when they call functions from my add-in.

the strangest think is that I can use this functions in Access/Word/VbScript
but not in Excel.

Does someone encounter this problem?

Thank you for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you calling the addin from a worksheet or from VBA code in excel?
Where is the data coming from?

You are probably passing the add-in bad data. You should do better error
checking in the add-in. Also if you are callling the addin from VBA make
sure there are no errors in the VBA code. Ofter when you have ON ERROR
RESUME NEXT is masks real errors.

"Bossun" wrote:

Hi,

I created an Automation Add-in for Excel 2003 using c#

I installed this add-in and everything functioned well till yesterday.

Today, all my worksheets crashes when they call functions from my add-in.

the strangest think is that I can use this functions in Access/Word/VbScript
but not in Excel.

Does someone encounter this problem?

Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automation add-in avaible in VBS,Access,Word,PPT but not in Ex

Till yesterday, I could call my functions using VBA and typing in a cell
=DateFixingOn(). I got a result using both methods.

The problem is today neither of this methods works.

I don't pass bad data to my add-in. it works when i use Access or VbSript.

In my vba code there is no error because i use the same code as usual.

any idea?

thanks

"Bossun" wrote:

Hi,

I created an Automation Add-in for Excel 2003 using c#

I installed this add-in and everything functioned well till yesterday.

Today, all my worksheets crashes when they call functions from my add-in.

the strangest think is that I can use this functions in Access/Word/VbScript
but not in Excel.

Does someone encounter this problem?

Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is too general a question to really answer. Did it actually start
executing you add-in or fail during the cal. I would add some debug messages
into the add-in and see if you can futher isolate the problem. Doess it
happen with all workbooks. Try older workbooks to make sure it not failing
because of some change to the workbook.

"Bossun" wrote:

Hi,

I created an Automation Add-in for Excel 2003 using c#

I installed this add-in and everything functioned well till yesterday.

Today, all my worksheets crashes when they call functions from my add-in.

the strangest think is that I can use this functions in Access/Word/VbScript
but not in Excel.

Does someone encounter this problem?

Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nigel,

I would specify that the bug occurs not in my add-in code but in my excel
VBA project.

In my Excel VBA project I can not call any function of my Add-in however in
a Word VBA project it functions.

I type juste this code

sub test()
dim x
set x = CreateObject("CRMIT.CRMFunctions")
msgbox x.DateFixingON()
end sub

This code runs well in Word-VBA project but crashes in a Excel-VBA project.
Why? any idea?

Thank's

"Nigel" wrote:

I do not have your add-in so difficult to answer!

Nigel

"Bossun" wrote in message

I created an Automation Add-in for Excel 2003 using c#

I installed this add-in and everything functioned well till yesterday.

Today, all my worksheets crashes when they call functions from my add-in.

the strangest think is that I can use this functions in
Access/Word/VbScript
but not in Excel.

Does someone encounter this problem?

Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it runs in word try this. Also in the Tools Reference add the word library.

set WordObj = CreateObject("Word.Application")
set x = WordObj.CreateObject("CRMIT.CRMFunctions")
msgbox x.DateFixingON()