Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default if formula showing Zero

Hello,
Have simple formula
=IF(Detail!$U$9 "X",Detail!F9,"") works fine, but
some cells puts a ZERO if cell has no data. How can
I modify formula to just leave blank if no data in the cell? Ex.
Customer Country Project Project
TEST US 0 would like to have leave blank
Would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Juan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello JLG,
thanks for info but formula not working and not sure
this is what I'm looking for. I'm not evaluating U9 to see if it has
zero,blank or X
Just evaluating if U9 X, then put F9 info but if F9 has no data
then it puts 0, I want it to be blank if F9 doesn't have any data.
Hope this is not confusing.

Please advise if you have any idea. Really appreciate your time and help.

Juan

"Juan" wrote in message
Hello,
Have simple formula
=IF(Detail!$U$9 "X",Detail!F9,"") works fine, but
some cells puts a ZERO if cell has no data. How can
I modify formula to just leave blank if no data in the cell? Ex.
Customer Country Project Project
TEST US 0 would like to have leave blank
Would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Juan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's hard to test with "X" but try =IF(Detail!$U$9
"X",IF(Detail!F9=0,""),"")

--
mdmackillop
mdmackillop's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=113

formula showing in cell rather than answer for formula Debby New Users to Excel 1 May 7th 10 12:05 AM
How to fix my spreadsheet from showing formula to showing answer SimplyQuick Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 October 7th 08 10:00 PM
How to fix my spreadsheet from showing formula to showing answer SimplyQuick Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 October 7th 08 06:38 PM
Showing Formula JV Excel Programming 1 October 9th 07 11:47 PM
Sum Formula Showing Instead of Value :( Carla Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 November 22nd 05 08:06 PM