Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MS Query Cell Limit

I am importing data from an Access DB using a MS query. All work perfectly
apart from the memo fields which contain more the 255 characters of data.
ONly the first 255 characters are imported onto my Excel 2003 worksheet.

Is there any way to import the full contents of a meno field into Excel
using a MS query?

Paul Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't speak the Access, but Debra Dalgleish once posted this:

Or, transfer the data with code. Use the TransferSpreadsheet method to
send the data, and specify one of the later Excel versions:

'======================
Sub SendTableToExcel()
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, _
acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblCustomers", _
"c:\Data\ExcelExport.xls", True
End Sub
'===========================

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...cbe18fd9d6d82b

or

http://snipurl.com/1a01v

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I asked the question in the Excel programming group because I am controlling
the operation from Excel. I am hoping to get an answer from an Excel
programming perspective.

I have no idea how to use the code below from Excel.

Basically I use MS query to import data and fields come through trncated at
255 chars.

can anyone offer any Excel related advice?

PWS