Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date file saved to Server

Hi, I'm in a bit of a quandry and I hope the group can assist. We have
Excel workbooks that are sent to one individual to save in a measurement
repository. I'm extracting data from these files and have been using the
date extracted from here

Set RootFolder = Fso_Obj.GetFolder(myPath)
For each File in RootFolder.Files
myModifyDate = File.datelastmodified
Next File

The problem I *think* I'm running into is that thie date is the date that
the original user last modified the file, not the date the file is saved to
the repository. Is there another date I can get from the File Object that
shows the date saved to the repository. THe file is not edited, it's just
downloaded from an email.

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just saved an Excel workbook to my desktop and moved it between folders
(which is functionally what's done. The date modified remained the same.
Any other ideas?

Barb Reinhardt

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Surely the date last modified is the date is saved to the repository, when
you modify it, it gets saved. There is no differentiation.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Barb Reinhardt" <Barb wrote in message
Hi, I'm in a bit of a quandry and I hope the group can assist. We have
Excel workbooks that are sent to one individual to save in a measurement
repository. I'm extracting data from these files and have been using the
date extracted from here

Set RootFolder = Fso_Obj.GetFolder(myPath)
For each File in RootFolder.Files
myModifyDate = File.datelastmodified
Next File

The problem I *think* I'm running into is that thie date is the date that
the original user last modified the file, not the date the file is saved
the repository. Is there another date I can get from the File Object
that
shows the date saved to the repository. THe file is not edited, it's
just
downloaded from an email.

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've discovered that if the file is moved, but not modified,

File.datelastaccessed

is updated and

File.datelastmodified

remains the same. You learn something new every day.

Barb Reinhardt