Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't concatenate text and numbers on certain worksheets.

I have an excel 2003 workbook with multiple worksheets on it. On all
but one of the worksheets I can type the worksheet formula:

= 2 & "hi"

And get the result "2hi"

However on one of the worksheets the same formula has the result
"#VALUE!" along with the error message "A value used in this formula
is the wrong data type."

I have looked at the cell formatting and tried changing it to general
or text but have seen no change in result. I have also looked at all
the worksheet properties but there is no difference that I can tell.
The one worksheet that acts differently was one that I copied from
another workbook. The only thing I can think of is that it was made in
a previous version of excel which converts data differently. Has
anyone else experienced this? One solution seems to be to create a new
worksheet and paste everything from the old one. Are there other
solutions?

Thanks,

Bruce
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,
I have encountered the same problem when I copy a file from an older version
of excel; what you can do is copy the work sheet just incase and hightlite
the column wher you have the number and go to data and select text to column
and change it to general, It solved my issues Try and let me know
--
Sigmund