Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA macro creating charts

regarding Excel 2007
I have a huge VBA macro, programmed for Excel 2000, which creates charts
from a few sets of data. Some commands (e.g. errorbars) does not match with
Excel 2000 and gives errors. Beside this, the layout of the charts look
totally different with the ones constructed with Excel 2000.
Does this mean I have to review the macro to match for Excel 2007 commands ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In my limited experience in charting/modifying charts in VBA under 2007,
that's exactly what it means.

And unless a recent change has been made to 2007, you can't even record a
macro while creating/working with a chart to help you 'cheat' in learning the
new objects and syntax required.

Indeed the look of charts, color schemes, etc are going to be different in
2007. And performance is greatly impacted in 2007 over what you're used to
seeing in 2003 or 2000 charting/graphing efforts.

Probably the easiest way to deal with this is to take your original work and
import into 2007 and save as native 2007 file and break your chart related
code down into pretty fine statements and see where 2007 breaks and focus on
fixing the individual areas that show incompatibility.

"Roland" wrote:

regarding Excel 2007
I have a huge VBA macro, programmed for Excel 2000, which creates charts
from a few sets of data. Some commands (e.g. errorbars) does not match with
Excel 2000 and gives errors. Beside this, the layout of the charts look
totally different with the ones constructed with Excel 2000.
Does this mean I have to review the macro to match for Excel 2007 commands ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are too many ways that things have changed for anyone to try to
compile a list. What you need to do, as JL said, is figure out which lines
of code don't work. Then if you can't figure out the workaround, post back
and someone will probably be able to help.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.