Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveX Combo Box Focus

From MikeF and my comments. I have the same problem:

I am having the same problem and I am totally stumped. I have founds some
code snippets on Debra's site. It looks something like this:

Private Sub TempCombo_KeyDown(ByVal _
KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, _
ByVal Shift As Integer)
Select Case KeyCode
Case 9 'Tab
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Activate
Case 13 'Enter
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate
Case Else
'do nothing
End Select
End Sub

I am getting some really funky results though. I am substituting 'TempCombo'
with one of my activeX combo boxes.....Very rusty on my VB. Tab seems to hop
around, but not where I want it to. Once it has hopped back into excel and I
around....arrgggh!

"MikeF" wrote:

Thanx.
You're right, the ESC key does work ok.
The range.select code is also ok, if you're only using the drop-down with a
mouse.
Using word-search with the keyboard, it jumps immediately to the designated
cell after the first letter typed.

Again, ideally would like to assign the tab key to it, and just "tab off"
after making the selection, but perhaps that is not possible.

- Mike

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
where do you want it to go once the tab key is pressed?
the escape key works .....ok. takes you to the last cell selected before
entering the combo box.
you could add some code to make it go were you want after the selection is
made.
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
Range("A1").Select 'or where ever
End Sub

code would eliminate the need to press a key after the selection.
my thoughts
regards
FSt1

"MikeF" wrote:

Am using an ActiveX ComboBox, presently with no VBA code.

It "word searches" just fine, but then doesn't "do" anything once the choice
is made, ie retains its focus.
Hitting tab or enter does not return focus to Excel, the user has to
physically grab the mouse and click in a cell.

Hitting the tab key to return focus to Excel would be ideal.

Any ideas?

Regards,
- Mike

Thanks in advance