Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with VBA help

I'm using Excel 2000.

When I open Visual Basic help, I can only use the Contents tab to navigate.
If I select the Answer Wizard or Index tab, then as soon as I move the
curson down below the tab, it becomes a horizontal double-ended arrow.

If I open help from Excel, this is OK. Also, if I open help from Access or
Access VBA, this is OK. It onlt seems to be the Excel VBA file.

Can anyone suggest what is causing this? What is the specific help file name
so I can try opening it from Explorer instead of within Excel VBA editor?

Many thanks.

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When installing Office 2000 did you opt to install ALL the help files?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=66753

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Simon

I'd elected to "Run all from my computer" during installation, except for
one or two things I knew I wouldn't need. The fact that I could navigate
through the Contents tab suggests the file was there. Anyway, I wne tthrough
Office setup again, electing to use "Add or Remove Features" and checking
the selections again. This seems to have done the trick. Looks like the file
was corrupted during the original inallation.

Thanks for the pointer.

Ian

IanC;239084 Wrote:
[...]

Simon Lloyd's Profile:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=1
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=66753

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

IanC;239084 Wrote:
[...]

'The Code Cage' ('The Code Cage' (http://www.thecodecage.com))

Simon Lloyd's Profile:
'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Simon Lloyd'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=1)
View this thread: 'Problem with VBA help - The Code Cage Forums'