Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save Macro

My Macro was saved in Personal Macro Workbook. How can I retrieve this
workbook.

How to make the macro run in other spreadsheets without copying it each time

I'm using version 2003. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
the personal.xls is placed the the xlstart folder so that it will open when
excel opens. the xlstart folder varies by version but in 03 i think it is.....
c:/program files/microsof office/office 10/xlstart
if the personal.xls is open, then all macros in the personal.xls will be
available for any and all files.

regards
FSt1

"VL" wrote:

My Macro was saved in Personal Macro Workbook. How can I retrieve this
workbook.

How to make the macro run in other spreadsheets without copying it each time

I'm using version 2003. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you open personal.xls and enable macros to run, you can use:
Tools|macro|macros
to select the macro to run.

Or you could hit F8 to get to that run dialog quickly.

But someday, when you have more macros, you'll want to create a nicer way of
running them.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the addins.

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)