Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Application coded in excel 2000 when used in excel 2003 excel doesnot perform well and takes double the time to give the output

Hi All,

I have a strange issue.

The application coded in excel 2000 is not performing nicely in excel
2003.

I have gone through the folowing link:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#excel2003

The steps like switching to calculation manual and then screen
updating= false is taken care in my code.

The functions like offset() and other volatile functions which are
used is same for excel 2000 and excel 2003, then I fail to understand
why it is taking more time.

Even some of the links asked to install the drivers. I have
application which I have coded in 2003 which are performing better but
they are not taking care of much of reporting.

I have gone throughn the following links:
http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsc.htm

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ee7cd241b0a295

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...+to+excel+2000

http://help.lockergnome.com/office/P...ict570863.html

Please can some one judge the solution that what might be the problem
in calculations of the same functions.

I do understand it is a big application but what might or what
settings might have changed that the same functions are taking double
time.

Please reply out of the box as I am in need of all my friends advice
and expertise.

Thanking all of you,

Regards,

Prince