Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Yuvraj Yuvraj is offline

Default Application coded in excel 2000 when used in excel 2003 excel

On Feb 17, 11:42*am, exceluserforeman
wrote:
Hello,

Please note that I am not an expert.

*Sub btnSubmit_Click()
*asutest False: aeetest False * * I do not know what this does?
*kaReport.ColholFmtest
*End Sub

I do not understand this routine.
*Application.ScreenUpdating = False only applies before the code. You cannot
have it in a routine by itself. it will not do anything. It will set itself
to true at End Sub
If you dimension a variable then use it -
Dim i *as integer

* i = freports.LB_KADates.ListIndex
* If freports.LB_KADates.ListIndex = 0 Then

if i=0

*Make sure you Dim it at the start of the routine
Real Experts Dimension everything.
"On error goto" *is poor coding. It does not always work as expected. You
should "Handle" all expected errors. The same goes for "On Error Resume Next".
If you use On Error goto 0 then you have to reference the line. Goto 0 means
goto Line: 0, Excel 2003 hates unreferenced references. *Use a word instead
of a number.
On Error Goto Fred
code here
Fred:
End Sub

Error Handling takes up nearly 75% of the entire coding.

*If MsgBox("Do you want to print the second page containing additional
*information?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Colleague Holiday Form") = vbYes

Dim Ans
ans="Do you want to print the second page containing additional
*information?"

msgbox(ans, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Colleague Holiday Form")
if ans=vbyes then

else

end if
Public Sub aeetest(pEnabled As Boolean)
Application.enableEvents = False
End Sub

I am not sure if this will do anything by itself.
* strBadge = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Data1").Range
*("A3").offset(rI1, 0).Text
*Worksheets("Details1").Range("badge_number").valu e
*= strBadge

Instead of ".value", maybe ".text" strBadge is a string ie text.

Dim intnum as integer
intNum=freports.LB_Colleagues.ListCount - 1

This is as far as I've got but I am sure others will contribute with far
more extensive help.
Personally I do not Dim a listbox.
See here for Sample Utilities.http://au.geocities.com/excelmarkswa.../excelmarksway

Thanx for your inputs.

I will incorporate the following changes and also code the calculation
to manual inside each code and then see to it whether it increases the
performance.

I know for sure one thing that if calculation is set to manual speed
increases but i need to figure out where to set it to manual.

I have one question for you.

If I set the calculation to manual at each function and then in the
end again reset it back to automatic will it hamper the functionality.

Is there any rules where and which part of code we should set the
calculation to manual.

I also understand that I need to set the calculation to manual in the
code itself and then in the end i need to set it back to automatic. If
I do it in the start of the function and set it back to automatic in
the end of function will it not work .

Eg:

Sub A()
b()
c()
d()
End sub

if i set it just in the starting of A() and at the end of A() set it
back to automatic will it not work or I need to go and do it in each
and every function.

Regards,

Prince